Church of the Ascension provides meals for the residents of the St. Vincent Haven Men’s Shelter on the 3rd and 4th Sunday of every month at approximately 5 p.m. We need your help!
If you feel called to serve in this important ministry, there is a sign-up sheet on the podium in the gathering space of the church or you can click here to sign up online: https://churchoftheascension18.flocknote.com/signup/72040. Please contact Lora Dunfee at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-432-0657 for more information or for help signing up.
We need volunteers to make sure meals, enough to serve 26 men, are ready by 5:00 p.m. on our assigned days. There are many ways you can do this. You can:
- Make an entrée, one or two sides, and a dessert. You may use the kitchen at The Haven to cook or heat anything.
- Peruse the Haven’s large and often well-stocked freezer and shelves full of canned and dry goods, to prepare a meal in their kitchen.
- Or you may even choose to order pizza or Chinese food to be delivered.
- You are also welcome to drop off the meal at the door or go inside to serve it.
- You can call to alert The Haven at 740-670-0822 that you’re coming, or just stop by and let them know you'd like to see what's available to plan and prepare a meal.
This is a rewarding opportunity for community service projects and for family/friend groups to have fun while working together to feed homeless people.
St. Vincent Haven is located at 115 Wilson Street, Newark 43055. It is a privately funded 26 bed emergency program shelter for men who are homeless in Licking County.